2nd Battalion Royal Berkshire Regiment

Obtain Army Service Records and Medals


The task of obtaining a loved one’s medals or service records is a very grey area in which to give a point blank answer, as each case carries its own individual set of circumstances. I have therefore supplied the below addresses which will keep you on a firm footing.

  • Requests For Personal Data And Service Records:
    • Service records of deceased Service personnel.
    • How to apply for Service personnel records.
    • How to apply for Home Guard Service records.
    • Further information about Service records held by MOD.
    • Special Subject Access Requests.
    • Porton Down volunteers.
    • Making a request for information held on the RAF Casualty Files.
    • Search fee.
    • How to complain if you are unhappy with the handling of your request.
    • Visit - www.gov.uk
  • Medals - campaigns, descriptions and eligibility:
    • Overview.
    • Medals & there qualifying periods.
    • How to claim medals.
    • Medal application forms.
    • Awards and badges not issued by the MOD Medal Office.
    • Visit - www.gov.uk

Additional Information:
TIP: Your relatives Army Service number may appear on their wedding certificate.




cap badge

China Dragon Cap Badge

2nd Battalion
The Royal Berkshire Regiment
(Princess Charlotte of Wales's)
1939 - 1959

home :: faq :: contact webmaster :: privacy policy :: ©SHARMAN